Membership of a Landlords’ Association
1.9 Membership of a Landlords’ Association
There are a number of landlords’ associations [see appendix 3 - Useful
contacts for landlords] and it is worth considering paying to join and
become a member. Membership normally includes:
• a regular newsletter giving advice;
• updates on housing law or policy as they change;
• the chance to make representations on proposed changes to
regulations, the law or tax;
• discounts for services such as insurance;
• individual advice if there is a problem.
Landlords Associations normally hold periodic meetings where there is
an opportunity to meet other landlords and discuss issues and problems.
Through the network of other members ideas and procedures can be
obtained to resolve problems on how to manage more successfully.